Some of these may be familiar but they're still amusing.
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
- Bill Gates (1955-), in 1981
"We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."
- Decca Recording Company, rejecting the Beatles, in 1962
"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?"
- Harry Morris Warner (1881-1958), co-founder of Warner Brothers, in 1927
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
- Thomas Watson (1874-1956), Chairman of IBM, in 1943
"The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn better than a C, the idea must be feasible."
- A Yale University management professor, in response to student Fred Smith's paper proposing reliable overnight delivery service (Smith went on to found Federal Express)
taken from http://www.tk421.net/quotes/